Immortal Anime World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin! the immortal journey where the only limit to life is imagination.

2 posters

game or life

Brandon Maboroshi2
    King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

game or life Empty game or life

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 am

this is planned to be a topic where our characters transition between real life and a game im going to use a basic rpg model for the game and they are trying it out for the first time. In real life they are friends and have been friend for years. I'm not sure on how old they are or where things will go. Because I'm more focused on the game at the moment they do live in different houses so it will be an online game. He has a mom his dad is always working and his sister would rather he leave her alone. Mom is a housemom. You can make things for your character as you wish and I have questions.

1. What type of rpg turn based or active battle
    2. Console? pc? vr? (diving vr? (basically your brain enters the game)
    3. Do they live in a city suburbs or rural.
    4. What sort of land do they live on bay foothills Valley open plains desert mountain forest?

The game will have 6 types of hero. sword mage shield archer healer spear its is fantasy sci-fi mixed so there could be an archer with a bow a gun or futuristic weapon. Basically anything can drop at any time so if you want go wild with the loot. I know I will.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

game or life Empty Re: game or life

Post  Silver_neko11 Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm

I understand and I guess I can answer them.

1) I don't know. I don't understand the question. IF you can explain it a little better, then I can answer.
    2)I would go with PC
    3)She lives in the city
    4)Valley

Hero will be a Archer.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Sounds good. Basically its the difference between final fantasy style of battle and legend of Zelda battle. The players and monsters take turns to attack or use abilities is turn based. The other is real-time no stopping. I am planning a surprise after the game is beaten.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:14 am

Ohhh alright. I think I get it. Still sounds interesting though.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:50 pm

So which one? Turn based or active battle
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:40 pm

I guess active battle?

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Okay. In a turn based setting one player or enemy moves at a time performs an action and then its the next turn. This kind of battle is good for people who need to take time to make a choice

Active battle is see an enemy hit an enemy the enemy can hit you while you are hitting it. Like megaman Zelda and kingdom hearts. Does this help you decide better?
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 pm

ooc:Ohhhhhhh I see. I think the turn based setting seems better. I was confused. Thank you. *smiles*

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Okay good if you have questions ask I want to be able to explain things.

Bic: our story begins with two friends. They have known eacother for a few years and had to sperate because their families moved to different towns. The computer became their only means of contact and a world of games opened up to him. She had a computer and loved her simple games but he went on and on about a new game coming out and the more he talked about it the more she wanted to play she loved archery and he was saying that there was a character made for archery only in it.

"They can fire one shot multiple shots and a powershot that all grow stronger as you put the skill points Into the slots. As you level up you get points to put into your status. The status are strength agility vitality intelligence wisdom special."

"Slow down i just got back from school." She said exasperated and tired from her day. She had just logged in to her chat and he exploded into a frenzy about what he was reading.

"OH okay sorry. I'm just so excited" he said and she sighs

"I can tell... now start with the stats is this the same game we talked about last night or a different one?"

"Same one each server is exclusive to 6 people each person gets to be the hero they pick and then"

"Slow down im pulling it up now I guess...." She said and she took a breath and pulled up the article. He sent it to her as soon as she logged in a nd she read it. And she read it again staying quiet to focus as she did. He was quiet until after she read halfway through the second time.

"So what so you think?"

"I guess... its okay..???"

"You hate it..."

"No... its just alot to absorb. I need time."

"OH yeah TIME. thats why I picked it its a turn-based game so you can take your time to choose your move. We might not have alot of other heros stick around but I'm sure we can enjoy it together."

"You're doing it again"

"Doing what?"

"Slow down. You're talking too much." And she read on. "Everything seems normal whats this special stat? I've never heard of it."

"I don't know i heard 3 different reports on it but all I can say is its hero specific."

"What do you mean"

"Well one article says it effects the skills another says it effects the stats and another says it effects how the monsters react to your character. So I can't tell you what it does because I don't know."
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:03 pm

"That sounds like something else huh. I guess I could be wrong? It dose look..interesting?" she mutters.

"Well, I figure you would like it so it's fine." He said still excited.

".....I don't know how in the world you hear about it. Though, I guess the game looks interesting as I said." she mutters still replying to him.

"Just trust me, you will love it. I hope you will because I do." he said.

"I figure."

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm

he continued to update her on the game he always talked about the archer hero for her sake but she could always hear his voice soften when talking about the shield hero. She knew he would pick that because he liked being tough and hard to kill. "And I could be your shield while you destroy everything."

"I don't want you to get hurt for me."

"But thats what a shield hero does. We are the front line best defense and we can survive the harshest battles"

"Have you figured out where to look?'

"Sadly they keep taking the information off the pages I can find it on. I mostly see hacked video feeds they are trying to keep this game content secret and I don't blame them.

"Sigh I guess we will be okay then. When is it being released?"

"One month. My computer might have a hard time but I'm sure I can work with the issues."

"You could get better stuff if you didn't spend so much money to smoke."

"Yeah I know. But when I don't smoke I'm offended by everyone and everything." It was half true. He smoked because he liked how it felt and he could ignore things that bug him easier. But that worried her. She knew it was bad for him and wished he would just be happy with his life.

"Are you going to wait in line?" She asks him and he thought about it.

"Hmmm maybe I don't normally wait in line but I think I should." That made her feel like she had to really get the game. He might wait for it overnight. "What else do you want to know about it?"
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm

"I don't know. I think you told me a lot of things so maybe I guess more info about the characters and the worlds? Or is it just one world?" she asked checking the videos seeing this while he was thinking on how to answer.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:42 pm

"One world two sides an upper world and an underworld. The game will pass between both but it seems the underworld is where the worst trouble is. I even heard a rumor that the game won't be rated until after the initial release."

"Wait doesn't that mean..."

"Yup adult content I can't wait to see what sort of things happen."
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:08 pm

"Well, that's interesting." she mutters seeing that but remains calm after a while.

"At least we know during the time. I'm still so excited." he said thinking about the game after a moment.

"We don't know about the whole thing." he said thinking about it.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:31 pm

since its turn based i wonder what sort of animations and spell effects they use tho I guess that doesn't matter for me I just want to play the story and see of the rumors of your choices changing events is true. "

How does that work?" She asks

"Well if you were to kill an npc who has a quest you won't get the quest or if you take sides in rivalries you grow friendly with one and hated with the other. I've even heard a hero could choose to be evil. The possibilities are endless." He sounded excited again and she thought about it. An interactive game with consequences like real life sounded complicated but fun to see possibilities.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:02 am

"Geez, that is a new kind of way to play. No, that sounds like the other game I had years ago when whatever your choice is, effects your path and ending." she mutters thinking about it. That game was fun and she wonders if she still had it.

"See? It's going to be something like that but you won't know. Your choice is how you lead your self in the game. Amazing right?" he smiled thinking about it.

"Yeah; not bad." she comments.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 pm

After some weeks of waiting the day finally came. She sat online missing her friend waiting for a digital copy to download. She didn't need the hardware that he would need because her system was up to date and capable of handling the game. She missed him more as the time wore on and she knew he was waiting in line.

Just as she got near the loading finish and the setup he logged in. She messaged him and asked if he got it and be said he did and he was late because he bought accessories and gear for his computer to play the game. He said he was nearly done b loading and that he couldn't decide between shield or sword hero. She reminded him that he was sure about shield and he thanked her.

The seconds tick down and they both get more and more excited anticipating the possibilities. They were loaded and set to start when they were both called to dinner. When they step away the computers glow and all sorts of data scrolls across the screen. Gaming history interests browser history world history social media all going into the game program.

The process was a compete scan and set the baseline recommendations based on previous games and experiences they had to build the world. He did only buy the shield hero copy of the game and was teasing her about not being able to decide for himself but when he returned he noticed the game was acting weird since he caught the last bit of data before it left the screen.

He looked at the instructions and it told him it was normal and needed to build the world. The sword healer and magic heroes were waiting but remaining silent. The magic hero wished to remain anonymous until they were in the game and the sword hero was chatting with the healer hero. They were women and were discussing the differences between the light world and dark worlds. They would all start in the town then it was up to them to do their own thing or work together.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:16 pm

The two of them still waited at the moment to make sure things will work out. The game did seem excited and they were curious to see where it will lead. For now, she and him just looks and waits.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:27 am

The spear hero showed up and was silent automatically picking the dark side of the story the only thing they got from him was he wanted to see how far the heros would go if there was a player on the evil side. She looked at her skills and saw that many were blank and the major skills were surrounded by little ones making the point system a bit more complicated than she expected.

Her first and only power in the beginning was to aim her shot before firing and increasing the accuracy of the strike as a result. It was slow but she guessed it would mean she wouldn't miss if she did it. But she also knew being slower to attack would put her in danger. This one was surrounded by blank slots and she couldn't explore since she hadn't started yet.

The archer hero was going to need agility above all other stats she guessed and during the initial stat screen she put in agility vitality and special. The intelligence score wasn't needed yet she thought and she noticed that the special stat increased her range her critical damage and how fast she could draw her bow at the same time. Her agility score raised her overall speed and accuracy as well as her chance to deal critical damage and increase attack power this made strength a useless stat since all it seemed to do was a mild attack power boost and a mild hp boost.

She had some points left over and it was up to her to put them where ever she wanted.

He being the shield hero knew he needed vitality he knew he needed agility and he knew special was going to play a part. He discovered that vitality not only increased his hp it gave him a passive health regeneration. His agility stat made him faster and increased his block chance chance to counter attack increased his dodge chance and how much damage was reduced by dodging. His special stat decreases how much damage he takes overall, how fast his passive healing recovers how much health is recovered when healed and reduced magical damage taken by the equivalent of the amount of damage reduced by his natural defense.

He focused 9n these and knew that he would be limited in offense but surely he had some skills right? Cover, he could take damage for an ally by moving between them and their attacker instantaneously. Taking the hit for them. He also noted that it seemed his counter attacks were with his shield and the vitality score was converted into attack power on a successful counter attack.

Basically sje could almost never miss and she would almost always critical and she would always be able to run or dodge avoiding damage and staying at long range.

He was a tank his only ability was to cover his allies but that by it self might be enough for now since each cover triggers a coin toss for a counter attack.

Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 pm

It was really interesting to see this but at least the game was really interesting at some time. She and him were still working with the game and wondering how things will go later on during his time.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 am

Ooc: dragon quest 11 get it its perfect for you..

Bic: After the stat screen it took he rto the character customization screen. She found she could make her character look however she wanted and name it.

He was already waiting for the load screen. To fill while she picked her options. His character was big burly and had red hair flecked with gold his clothes were set to rags as default for all the characters. He also had a pot lod for a shield while she had a string and stick bow and twigs for arrows as her starting weapon.

"Do you want to group up or go seperate?"
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:29 pm

ooc:You must be a game genius to know what kinds I like. Lol

bic: She was working on her appearance but she hears the bing to the message.

"Honestly, I don't know. I think we should group up. Just in case something happens later down the road maybe?" she suggested looking at her screen minutes later on.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:40 am

Ooc: I try to learn what I can about your taste and this topic helped me make that break through and gaming is all I done with my life.

Bic: he was happy to read that and when she logged in he was waiting to group up. And they set off. She followed him and it wasn't long before they came across their first encounter. It was a slime and a horned rabbit. The rabbit moved first leaping at her with its horn gleaming.

His character leapt infront of the attack. cover being automatically activated since a group member was attacked made the attack missed both him and her. Making it her turn.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:35 am

ooc:I see. Interesting. :3

bic:She looks at the enemies but decided to attack the slime and horned rabbit doing some little damage but jumps back. The rabbit jumps to attack doing some damage to her but the slime did the same only to be blocked.

It was his turn now.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:52 pm

he attacked not a good move but not a bad one. He swings his shield dropping on the horned rabbit killing it. Upon death it burst into a pale purple fog leaving only the slime and it was her turn now. She attacked the slime finishing it off and the music trilled and showed them their experience and item gains. It wasn't much but they did receive monster parts to sell for coins in town. And a nullified slime essence with a rabbit horn was their loot and she got a rabbit horn for killing the rabbit and he got the slime essence.

"Whoo first fight is like dragon warrior. Except we sell monster parts for money." He typed out to her and waited.

"True but if were going to level we have to fight more. I think we got lucky." She types and he was already typing.

"We did get lucky those rabbits were faster than you if you didn't attack it first it could have gotten us some trouble."

"There was only one rabbit."

"There will be more. I can't wait to see what you pick for your first skill."

"....."

They set off to find more monsters staying close to the first town so they could recover hp without items. Basically he made her walk around the town border waiting for monsters to show up. They were mostly slimes and horned rabbits but a few giant mad birds were also encountered. Their beaks were the loot.

It only took 4 battles to level up and when they level up their health and skill points were restored. Their characters celebrate and the skill screen is brought up for modifications he selected a shield bash ability for hjs first skill and let her pick hers. The game was at sunset but it had only been 20 minutes since they started and before they leveled up to level 2 she thought he was going to die. Despite being a shield hero he couldn't block very well yet but he did have alot of hp.

When she saw her skill tree she saw her current aim ability showing her it made her shot hit its mark and has a high crit chance. Below it were 3 skills ready to pe selected and she had 1 skill point. The first skill was powershot it was an ability that was a stronger arrow attack than a normal one. By her math 1.5 times stronger the second skill was multi shot where she fires a volly of arrows at a group of enemies having a chance to hit the whole group for normal damage. (A group is more than one of the same type of monster in the battle and there can be more than one group. This attack cannot hit more than one group) and the final skill in the tree she could pick from was an attack modifier but it only worked when weilding a bow. The attack modifier was a plus 5 increase to damage while weilding the bow she was weilding. That confused her until she realized that this was a weapon level up not a character level up and that meant there were two different leveling types in this game. A weapon level and a character level. It seemed character levels could be gained only by getting monster experience but the weapons levels grew by using the weapon.

He was over excited explaining much of this to her since he hadn't heard anything about this duel leveling system except for in TV shows and one game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:45 pm