Immortal Anime World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin! the immortal journey where the only limit to life is imagination.

2 posters

game or life

Brandon Maboroshi2
    King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

game or life - Page 3 Empty Re: game or life

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Mon May 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Ooc: well we have some things to go over. So far I've left the other heroes out of this because they are hard-core gamers and already moved on from the starting town. Out two are to the point they have quests and hero quests only with gear they already bought as rewards.

If thats redundant I understand because I mostly grind and buy what I need not knowing the games nowadays drop or reward me with the things I need. You picked the powershot and I added volly or multishot as I've called it here to your arsenal because you are going to need it on these solo quests.

Special arrows is a skill for later like tools or elements being added to the arrows so that when she hits she not only will hit with an attack but an attack tailored to effect weaknesses like fire ice lightning etc... I am thinking about making arrow and bow skills seperate so they can stack together. Meaning she by nature gets more skill points per level than anyone else. No I'm not trying to make her the strongest offense but the most balanced range of attack next to the magic hero. Her attacks are physical attacks but the magic heros attacks are magical this way your characters elemental damage is physical damage but takes advantage of magical weaknesses. Basically any arrow with an elemental effect deals physical damage but any weakness that is exploited acts like magical damage except it ignores magical defense... I hope I'm making sense it is quite alot and its hard to sort these things put in my head.

Bic: when she logged in she waited for him to log in for 30 minutes before he showed up. She didn't mind waiting but it did make her feel alone. He explained he was working on a game and lost track of time. And they went off to explore the town. They collected and shared quests that they could and she noticed some quests were only given to her because she was the archer hero. He must have had some too but he said nothing.

He talked about how he wished he could level up skills or somehow increase the rank of their effect and she told him that he could. That caught his attention. And explained how she was getting her powershot so strong

When he checked he marveled at how he never saw that and quickly maxed out his hp auto recover and his skill point evaporated. She felt happy she found somthing out before him and was polite about it. They go out and start completing quests taking a pair of hours to do so. So far they didn't run into any new enemies but the monster drops and the parts they collected were piling up. Mostly healing herbs and peices of low level gear.

He did make his character cheer after large battles and they had very few close calls due to their stock of herbs.

When the last quest they could share was complete he suggested going back to town and collecting the rewards and the hero quest before parting ways and completing the solo quests they gathered. After selling the monster parts and useless gear the owner of the armor and weapon shop pulled each of them into a cuisine explaining gear upgrades and item quality. Item quality was reflected by their color and was the normal uniformed color scheme in most games. Grey=trash white=common green=uncommon blue=rare purple=epic gold(yellow for letter resolution) was legendary.

How much an item could be upgraded was determined by the quality of an item. Trash was unable to be upgraded at all and legendary could be customized and upgraded any way. Then if came down. To what you need to upgrade and the answer was any item could be used with varying degrees of item exp. This was also based in the quality and type of items used.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm

ooc:..Ummm yeah, that's indeed a lot to take in or soak in. Lol

bic:Maybe they could think or progress something during this time while they travel. However, she wonders if they could find something to help him out during this journey. For now, they will just have to keep playing and see what they can unlock.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Mon May 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Ooc: okay. Take your time what needs to be flushed out?
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Mon May 10, 2021 10:46 pm

ooc:Well, am I writing this right? Or am I missing something? This seems like a old game I had on my psp where you go on quests and level up your character with armor and items you find. I might be wrong because I don't wanna ruin your idea here.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Mon May 10, 2021 10:56 pm

Ooc: it is actually alot of things from alot of games. Its based heavily on dragonquest final fantasy monster hunter world, world of warcraft a onepeice mmo I played for a few years and elder scrolls even a few anime shield hero, bofuri, im a spider so what? (Highy recommend these 3 shows they are awesome) I also have a secret im keeping u t the third town for her and is why I called her archer hero not bow hero. Thats a hint lol.

As for writing it correctly you cant really ruin my idea because I have waaaay too many little details I have yet to reveal about mechanics. Like how the stats interact with each other
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Tue May 11, 2021 5:53 pm

ooc: Ohhhhhhhh okay?

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed May 12, 2021 6:46 am

As you guess physical damage is reduced by physical defense. In this respect magic offense and magic defense work the same way. The highest base physical attack is the spear hero the highest defense is the shield hero. The magic hero has the highest magic attack and the healer has the highest magic defense. Basically the spear hero is designed to stalemate the shield hero same for the magic hero and the healing hero stalemate eachother. The archer hero and sword hero depending on their build can turn the tide during these stalemates. Take some more time to absorb and understand then do a post when you do I can put this on hold if you wish.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed May 12, 2021 5:18 pm

ooc;I don't want to put this on hold because of me. I feel sorta stupid for not knowing this and I enjoy these kind of things. *Pouts*

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 pm

ooc i don't mind and I dont think you are stupid you just take more time to make sure you understand and that is patience in my book. I prefer to put a topic on hold so you can get more out of it than ram more info to process while you are still working to process previous. And thank you. This topic was inspired by anime and games and I still haven't gotten the real life part figured out. I'm trying to get all the basic ideas out before the story really gets started as well. Like their level and statpoints. Also there is a few monsters I haven't pushed up yet because the two haven't traveled that deep Into the wild. But these are still low level monsters for the starting town that they are pretty much geared up for. I am also trying to figure some continutiy between the quests and events in the game story. Which I have not even begun to write about... Basically its complicated and my brain is too small to focus long enough to flush things out which is why I need questions and feedback from you lol.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed May 12, 2021 7:40 pm

ooc:...Ughhhh, I feel like I messed it up again.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed May 12, 2021 7:59 pm

you didn't im just putting in a few more pieces while I plan my next post. Trying to give you a tiny image of what is coming because they still have their major quests the hero quests and I'm trying to come up with a reward set she has to pick from and a story. I'm actually taking this planning slow to make it better.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 pm

ooc:Maybe you could explain it a little?

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed May 12, 2021 8:27 pm

the quest will offer a hero specific reward that she can choose and open her yp to the different types of archery I have planned. All her abilities work for all types of archer weapon so no matter what she gets her skills will not be changed. I want where I'm going with this to be a mystery until you loot the rewards. Cuz one choice will seem out of place until the third town. Sje can't take another hero on the quest but she can take npcs that can become allies im hoping to introduce this mechanic in the next post.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed May 12, 2021 8:36 pm

ooc:Okay

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 pm

It also is supposed to paint a picture into the legend of the hero who takes the quest to give them the in game history of that hero. Where the hero began what makes the hero different fro. Other archers and that sort of thing. They aren't going to be long or complicated mostly battle challenges
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed May 12, 2021 10:15 pm

Ooc:I figure that but it would help but I still don't wanna mess this up

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu May 13, 2021 5:07 am

All you have to do is make your pick when it ends on a choice and say why you picked it. I only added the skill because none were unlocked for her except those 3 options. Same for him he could only get a few skills until they complete the second hero mission but thats too far ahead of where we are now.

"After seeming an eternity they logged In again. She went in first having made up her mind to fight well without him and start her hero quest. Oddly enough the difficulty level was set to level 1 for the first part of what she assumed was a quest chain. Her mission was to hunt a special slime a special raven and a special horned rabbit. The npc also joined her party to help her.

She found the slime and what made it special was it was red and 4x as strong as a regular slime the npc initiates the battle without warning and begins a small tutorial on battle and how to use the mechanics. She pouted learning that because she had been getting g weird talk from him comparing it to other games and here sje found the actual tutorial.

So far it was the same and it switched over to her her turn so she could demonstrate what she learned. Which wasn't much because she had already been fighting monsters. She followed the instructions and defeated the special slime. Next was the raven it was green and the npc told her that this was what she was made for. Hitting flying targets that most every other hero would have trouble hitting. She noticed that James attacks nearly always missed the raven or death reduced damage while she always seemed to hit it harder. Than othe rmonsters and this explained why. Her hero was for aerial targets and long range physical attack. That seemed important for later and the npc suggested that when she encounters any flying monsters she should target them first because if she were to group up with another hero they would have e alot of trouble ke hitting the flying enemies. Only the mage hero lacked this flaw besides her and she felt pretty good to have something her hero could do that everyone else had a hard time with.

On her way to the Last the horned rabbit the npc said something about how her next challenge would teach her how skills work. It gave her a free skill point to put anywhere and she maxed out her powershot.

The special horned rabbit was white with red eyes and a horn like all the others. It took as 4x as strong as one and this fight was not supposed to be easy. Being stronger than she should have been she finished it with one powershot and unlocked the next skill tree for her fixed reward and was given the choice to take one of 3 weapons. A rare bow a rare crossbow and a rare gun.

Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

She looks to the new three choices of items after the slight task she completed. A rare bow a rare crossbow and a rare gun; all three didn't seem to bad so she begins to think of which one she could accept. The rare bow did seem pretty good and it looked like it's radiating with some sort of charm or spell. That would help her but maybe it would have needed a strong bow. Her eyes went to the next choice: the rare crossbow.

It looked really strong and more sturdy than the one she had now. It looked good enough to help with boosting her attack and maybe letting her attack with it. She always wanted to try anything in her power to make it work but that would seem different. That leaves the last item the rare gun. She wasn't a big fan of the gun even if it looked really powerful. Maybe someone else could use this better than her unless guns were usually picked from her class? She scratches her chin giving this some thought then after five minutes, she made her choice.

She accepted the rare crossbow.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu May 13, 2021 4:29 pm

when sje equipped it she noticed it scaled to her level up to a certain point level 15 and her arrows were converted i to crossbowbolts all her skills applied to this weapon and she could upgrade it using monster parts to give it minor abilities to help her.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu May 13, 2021 4:32 pm

"This should do good for now till another upgrade." She thought in her head but knew she'll be working with this bow for a while to get stronger over time.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu May 13, 2021 7:31 pm

Ooc: I'm surprised you didn't get the guns good thing I made plans for each choice no matter what. Would you like to dual weild your crossbows?

Bic: the npc had another quest for her this time at level 2 and she noticed she got exp enough to hit level 2 from level 1 and she selected the quest. The npc told her about a nearby special toad it had a special oil that happened to strengthen her weapon if they could get it but it was guarded by more regular toads. She went to where her waypoint took her and was attacked by a group. This time the npc went first and used her volley skill to hit the whole group at once for nearly all of the damage a basic attack would deliver. That seemed broken to her so she tried it out and her attack finished them all off.

The game cut to a minor scene where another huge group of 5 would appear. She got the first attack and used volley killing the whole mob because of her advanced level. In one shot. Then the special toad came out in a mother small scene and this was yellow it wasn't fast and didn't surprise her and her powershot was enough to kill it in one shot. This was too easy but she knew if she was doing this at the levels it was made for it would be hard.

The oil started a quest to use it on her weapon and her weapon gained experience points called material points and leveled up to level 2. Already the bonuses of her status were reflected in it and still not completely it seemed that she neede to give it monste rmaterials to level it and when it matched her level it stopped because she wasn't strong enough. The reward for this quest was exp and coin and she was sent back to the village and told to fund the npc in the next town.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 pm

ooc:I was tempted to get the guns but went with a different choice

bic:She smiled seeing her boost going up and this quest was really making her think about the next npc in town. Her eyes were gazing around wondering about what is happening. However, it left her thinking where to find them. Were they in the market? Near the docks? Or maybe near the middle of town? Either way, she'll do her best to find them.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Fri May 14, 2021 1:50 am

She heard stories about a demon lord and monsters breeding more than usual. She heard about the heros and their achievements most achievements were milestones.

Oocwould you look to dual weild? Use a crossbow in each hand?
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri May 14, 2021 6:03 pm

She's never heard these stories but it leaves her thinking about more suggestions towards it. Maybe she was unsure about it and it leaves her wondering about something else. Her eyes scanned the stories reading what she could but finds it more interesting.

ooc:Is that possible?

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Ooc: yes. It would be like dual weilding pistols. Oh and don't worry about ammo thats what the special points are for and that is what the second quest line will touch on.

Bic: in her quest log there were stories about monster breeding and the quests aren't to kill all but only a certain number of the creatures in question. The gathering quests were to restock town supplies that had fallen low amid the monster attacks on traveling traders that are the lifeblood of this world's economy. Traveling traders hire mercenaries but even they have been getting overwhelmed.

What she read about the heroes was different. They were a legend a legend from pre history that slew a demon lord and allowed people to live more or less without fear of an army of monsters destroying their village. Their return was prophesied as a time of absolute turmoil or peace and everything in between. She learned of the factions that grew from the exploits of the legendary heroes and how each and every one of them were shadows of their former glory corrupted and far from their roots.

She hears more about The Merry Archers, due to the fact she was the archer hero. They started as allies to the previous archer hero and now they were more like Robin hood and his merry men. Except instead of spreading their plunder they hoarded and wasted it. Depending on the commander. She learned each called itself a different name but the hero type they supported was a part of their name as a means to identify who they were loyal to in the old days.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:17 am