Immortal Anime World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin! the immortal journey where the only limit to life is imagination.

2 posters

Monsters and those that hunt them.

Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Monsters and those that hunt them. - Page 2 Empty Re: Monsters and those that hunt them.

Post  Silver_neko11 Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:26 am

"I was not...expecting that. Geez.." she mutters to see the beast now laying on it's side. Though, he did warn her but still.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" he asked to see her pout looking at him.

"Not really. Just surprised is all..."

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Monsters and those that hunt them. - Page 2 Empty Re: Monsters and those that hunt them.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:37 am

They set to work their mission complete and returned to the base to report the reason the jagras were so savage was a great jagras had appeared. It got away but not before they hurt it. They took the skins and claws back to the base and the materials too. They return to the base and the commander read their reports and smiled.

"That's good to know. You should to to the smithy and upgrade your weapons before taking on the great jagras. I trust you to handle it." He said and the handlers prepared the quest details while they did as they were told. The two went to the smithy where the materials they gathered were waiting. He asked for an upgrade to his sword and his palico equipment. The palico now wore jagras armor and used a sharper heavier knife. He used the iron to upgrade his sword and she learned that this was how this world worked. Gather what you can and use them to increase your strength.

She knew a more powerful bow would help especially against a beast as big as the one that got away. Her palico got the same treatment as his and it was happy with her saying so and she giggles as she put her bow and the ore up on the counter to have it worked as well. Their handlers came up to them when their weapons were being worked on and gave them their quest details. "Hunt the great jagras"

"Hunt not slay?" She asked and he laughed.

"I forgot about that. Yes if we can capture it with hunter traps they prefer this because the biologists can study the monster and learn more about vulnerabilities. " She nodded and was glad she didn't have to kill every giant monster.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:27 pm

"You know that was something else though." she said mutters quietly but it leaves him laughing a bit still.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:33 am

He slapped her shoulder and smiled wider. "Hey why don't we work to trap every large monster we come across that way we can avoid killing them and get more recognition." He said and she thought about it. She nodded because she didn't really want to kill anything. The environment was so vibrant and full of life and she thought capturing would require more skill.

When their weapons were finished they go to the shop to use their reward to buy potions and traps. She saw the thunderbug trap and noticed it paralyzed the monster trapped in it until it passed out. But the pitfall trap device made no sense. Whe. She asked h8m about it he scratches dhis head.

"Well... I think it uses a shaped explosive charge to blast open a pit then covers it with a mesh of ivy to hide it. But I'm not sure..." the shop keeper looked at them like they were crazy not knowing how things work. When they were done they go to the canteen while their hunt was being authorized. They eat heartily because you don't go on a hunt with an empty stomach.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:44 pm

"Well, that is true given the fact keeping energy is key during our quests." She joked but it was true. Having enough helps and can really do so much right after.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:28 am

They eat heartily and leave on their hunt they each had one pitfall trap and one shock trap. Several potions and that nice jerky. They worked to get to the lair of the jagras and she found the first tracks. She took a sample and he did as well and the flies go off chasing more signs for them to sample. They got closer to the lair tracking it in silence and she smiles this was fun and the sights were fantastic. There was so much life. He told her about plants they come across and how some could be used to make potions and that was why they didn't fill thir potion pocket. Their gathering pouch had all sorts of pockets to hold things they collect make or choose to take with them. And she loved to put ingredients inside to make things later.
    She collected spiderwebs Ivy thunerbugs blue mushrooms antidote herbs healing herbs nitro shrooms fire weed and to her delight many of the things she gathered he Said they were useful and made things like potions antidote and gunpowder. He even found things they made into traps at the camp and they could do the same with the weird metal things the shop keeper had. She smiled as the palicos harvested ore and bones he collected and they soon find the great jagras. It was swallowing a huge dinosaur and puffing it's belly up in the process. She drew her bow and charged it but didn't release as he sneaks forward.

He cut a dandelion looking thing and it exploded in a cloud of smoke. He hid I. The smoke then rushes out of ot when the monster turned away. He ran beside it and charged his sword once before bringing it down then swinging his blade in a wide arc. She released her arrow and charged another as the jagras turned on her friend . He charged another strike only to get hit hard and thrown to the ground. She winced and fired too soon and charged another arrow. He got up leapt to the side and rolled before swinging his sword twice. On the third swing her arrow hit it and it got knocked over by the combined effort.

It thrashed and he charged his sword to full power three times hitting every single time as she did the same with her arrows. Overwhelmed the jagras took off its belly burst open and wasted it's meal. He had also broken one of it's legs. They followed and she peppered it with arrows each time she was in range. She never missed. It slipped into a cave the same cave they saw it before and they hear a loud skwak turning to their left I huge flamingo like raptor was standing there it's beak open I. Surprise. It rushed her and she pulled her bow on it she couldn't charge her arrow and it didn't do much damage as she was knocked aside

He was suddenly right there and swinging his greatsword . The thing pecked at him and she had time to get up and charge another 2 arrows before he got knocked down. He rolled away and charged his sword once letting it swing then swings it in wid arcs again. Together they chase it off and he panted hard helping her. "You okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah... that was weird. "

"It happens alot monsters always get in my way in the game.. here it's way more annoying..." He said and she giggles he still saw this as a game. Even tho he just saved her life to him it was a game amd she thought it was cute. They follow the traced of their quarry and found it lurking in its lair
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:41 am

"Even so, I think were doing alright so far." He said happy about the progress though, he still remains quiet while thinking about it.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:20 pm

They continue tracked the jagras and like before found it sleeping to recover in its lair. They finish it quickly and trap it when it couldn't live much longer. She saw him catch it and drop smoke bombs that were pink not white and the particles made her sluggish telling her it was knockout gas. When the beast fell asleep in the trap the handlers came up amd collected it on a cart taking it back to the base for study.

Rathe than return to give a report she wanted to stay in the forest and hunt the monster that interrupted them. He said they needed to report it first because the commander needed to know that there was an invasive species in the forest.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:53 pm

"Are you sure we can't-"

"Oh it's fine. We just need to do this and then we might come back. Reporting it first will get it out the way so we don't worry about it later on." he explains this but seeing her look to him then thinks. He had a point.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:57 pm

They return to headquarters and on the way he told her ordinarily he would stay and hunt it because in the game the quest would be waiting for him l. But here they had to live like hunters and deliver reports before taking action. Almost like a military.

"I don't like it either. I'm hoping we can get to a point where we can freely explore and accept any hunts that are posted or help other hunters with their quests. But we have to earn their trust. " he said and patted her shoulder. He wasn't liking the procedure and just wanted to hunt monsters and make better swords.

When they return to the base her stomach rumbled again as did his and he sighed with a groan. They went to the commander and told him what happened on their hunt and he immediately sent them back out to hunt the kulu yaku.

"They come from the desert wastes to plunder eggs if it eats too many the balance will be disrupted. Thank you for bringing me this report. When you return we will have another hunt for you. To test your abilities." He said and she pulled him to the canteen to get more food.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:38 pm

"Uh huh we can look into that later after we get food in our stomachs." she keeps moving him to the canteen to get some food. Though, he was still thinking about it while looking at her. Seems he was a bit hungry but in a way, she was too when they arrived. Some was eating food here but she goes to find out what they could get to eat.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:12 am

As she browsed the menu she asked him "should we focus on offense defense or elemental defense?" And he didn't anstlwer right away thinking about it.

"Well... I think we should use more attack power but I also think defensive power would help. I get hit alot because I'm not used to the weight of my sword." She giggles and picks the defensive option and watched the palico chefmeowster prepare the meal for them both. She hummed watching them and when the meal was served she digs in whole heartedly.

He did as well almost like he was starved. She loved this food and hiw filling it was. They eat fast and savor every bite before the handlers let them know the camp preparations wer complete and they could take the cart to the camp to begin their hunt. He didn't know whybshewa so excited but he liked that she was having fun. He didn't guess it was because she was with him.

What he wasn't telling her was his weapon couldn't be upgraded by this creature so he wasn't interested in hunting it. But her bow could be so he knew it was important to trap It to get the most materials for her bow. Maybe she would get some armor peices too. He could definitely use the helmet made from a kulu yaku until he found something better so maybe it wouldn't be so one sided.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:45 pm

She was looking to wonder about it but she was already thinking. Her eyes looks to hear that but agreed with him. With their meals this should be a piece of cake.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:58 pm

They set out from camp a couple of hours later. She had her bow at the ready and followed him through the underbrush. They harvested useful things they saw and took samples of strange tracks like a huge dinosaur and weird toxic splotches from something else

"Hmmm this one is clearly like a dinosaur and these mucus splashes are flamable... maybe it's allergic to something." She said as she was looking a a large track with 3 toes in front and one in the back it was deep suggesting the creature was massive.

"This one is what made the toxic pools around us. It reeks of those poisonous bell flowers we passed." He said as he was looking at smaller tracks with a rounded heel and 3 wide toes. She was more worried about the larger creature. "Cmon the kulu yaku didn't come this way." He said and she sighed.

"But the flies led us here. It had to come by." She said and he knew she was right but pushed forward in the same direction they were going in when they saw the tracks and signs. Sure enough there were feathers further ahead and she rushed ahead to collect the sample for their scoutflies. "See and they aren't too old like those other signs back there. It was here recently." She said as he took a sample of his own and spotted tracks.

"Up that tree where it curls around and up... maybe that's where it went." He said and she checked th3 other ways for any signs and rushed to where he was walking. She thought he traveled without looking out for danger and that was reckless. They followed the path and it opened to a nest. Inside the kulu yaku was breaking an egg it dragged back with it.

She charged an arrow as he creeps up on it and charged his sword. They hit at the same time breaking the egg and knocking the surprised monster over. He set on it at once with another charged slash then the most powerful version. While she charged her arrows and fired them. The true charged slash crashed down on the monsters head braking it's plume and knocking it down again.

It got up and digs for a rock that it used to shiked itself but her arrows still hit their mark while his sword bounced off the rock. The monster ran off and they followed.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:41 pm

"Do you think it's going to lead us somewhere!?" she asked following while he was giving chase. He was unsure but something tells him yes.

"Yeah. Lets just keep following it. We don't want to lose it." he said.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:15 am

They followed quickly and quietly. She was amazed by the constant beauty of this place it felt wild dangerous and exciting all at once. The air itself felt alive and with each breath she felt renewed and invigorated. She watched him move through the wide well traveled area and saw him stoop low.

"Here it is again..." He muttered more to himself seeing the giant tracks. These were older than the ones they saw before.

"What is it? It looks like a t-rex from our world." She said as she took her sample.

"Worse.." He said and he was shaking. fear? He was shaking in fear.

"Worse? What would be worse?" She asks not liking that he had an answer. He turned to look at her.

"Imagine a hairy tyrannosaurus that sneezes fire..." She did and she went pale. He was serious and he knew they couldn't fight such a creature with their current weapons. He didn't tell her but she could tell that was what he was thinking. Their palicos which usually fight with them were harvesting nearby bones when they hear a squawk of surprise. The kulu yaku was back and it charged at them.

He raised his sword just in time to block a savage peck and rolled out of the way of the rock as it slammed it down while she charged her arrows. She hated how long it took but knew uncharged arrows wouldn't wound it enough. The palicos jump in with their little knives scratching it and distracting it while he charged his sword and brought it down. He tackled the beast and k locked it over shattering the rock.

She fired her arrows 3 times before is got up and he wailed on it with wide swings until it got up then he rolled away from its claws as they went through the space his head used to be. She gasped as it was a narrow miss and some fire burned inside her as she peppered it with normal arrows trying to draw it's attention away form him. She didn't know why such a fire burned inside her but the kulu yaku turned it's beak towards her and charged.

She rolled out of the way of it's claws as it jumped and tried to land on her. The palicos were on it in a second and it twisted trying to find her when it saw her she had a charged arrow and shot it in the leg. He was between her and it now and he blocked it's beak with his sword as she charged another arrow. When she releases it he had hit the same leg twice and the beast fell again. It thrashed trying to get up as they hit it with as many attacks as they could breaking the leg and it's claws in one of it's arms.

It got up and staggered away trying to run. And she helped him get up when their hands clasp she felt a rush and a tingle that gave her relief from the fire. "Cmon let's go get it do you still have a trap?" She asks and he nodded coughing and spitting muck out of his mouth.

"One and I only have a few sleep bombs we will only have one chance to catch it. " He said looking at her disheveled hair and quickly looking away and running after the limping beast.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:46 pm

"Though do you think we should-"

"We will but right now, we need to be careful. The two were now following the creature once more but they wonder if they would be able to catch it. Knowing it was a bit far, they still keep up to try catching it.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:20 am

They come across the beast again raiding a nest. He saw it was weaker and their attacks had hurt it badly so they might be able to capture it quickly. She drew her bow and charged her arrow as he sneaks up on it pulling out the trap. He set it on the ground behind the kulu yaku and she fired her arrow making it drop the egg it had taken and become enraged. It pecked him furiously as she charged an arrow and he staggered and rolled through the trap as she fired another arrow. It squared and ran at her only to get caught in the trap.

He pulled out his remaining sleep bombs and threw them down near it's face as it struggled in the paralyzing grip of the trap. It slowed down and as she keeps firing arrows the bombs start to work and it drops off to sleep inside the closed trap. They did it! They caught it. She rushed over and gave him a big hug ignoring the warm tingke touching him gave her. He not expecting such a display blushed red and hugged her hesitantly but tight. She pulled back and fired a flare out of her slinger to call the handlers to collect their catch.

She was so excited she was nearly dancing as they walk behind the cart. It was a short trip to the camp but she noticed he was getting very agitated. His eyes were darting at every blue and green fern lichen or branches. Then she smells what has him on edge. It was the toxic smell. He stopped and she did too but the cart went on as he reached for hsj sword. Shivered were running down his body a warning that danger was close. She felt it too and drew her bow and charged an arrow. There was a rustling nearby and a light gurgling before something green chameleonlike face with a wickedly frog like tongue burst out of the nearest Custer of the same type bushes he was watching. It trilled as it charged him on two flat heeled three toed feet flapping wings for speed.

He blocked the charged and she fired making it turn it's head at him and lash it's tongue at her knocking her down before sweeping its tail into him while he charged his sword. As she got up she saw him hit the ground and roll away to start hjs wide swings when it spat poison at her. She dodged letting her arrows fly to keep it distracted keeping close to him so hus sword would hit it when it was charged. The pukei-pukei turns to face him when hjs sword was swung 3 times into it's right wing. She focused her charged shots on that area to break it while he keeps it's attention with those weak wide swings he was so fond of.

They did expect to fight another monster so soon but he was crazy and when his tackle knocked it down he pulled a trap tool out and made a thunder trap right there and even sharpened his sword with his whetstone whole she charged her arrows and let them fly. It got up it's blue and green scales ripple as it's multicolored tail screw a rancid cloud of poison at him. He got a face full of it and coughed as she broke it's other wing with her arrows. He drank an antidote then got to hjs feet and started running around it to find it's head and attack it.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:47 pm

"Come on come on... "she grumbled looking but dodges from the attack. She keeps holding up her arrows but sees the beast still trying to attack them even when it tries sweeping at their feet.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:33 am

He ran to a huge tree and climbed up into it before leaping off and crashing his sword down on it. It thrashed as he stuck on it andhe held on tight before jumping to its face and stabbing it repeatedly to try and stun it. Or wear it out. She keeps firing her arrows dodging the wild charges it makes at trees and walls to shake him off but he holds on and moves so it hits itself with its effort.

Finally it ran out of breath and he charged his sword and brought it down on the creatures face. He was thrown off as it fell down and tried to get up. He got up and managed to pull off 3 charges slashes with the third breaking its jaw and preventing it from spitting poison from its mouth and using its tongue. She aimed for the tail after that knowing it was just as dangerous. And he returned to the wide swings of his sword to keep it focused on him until he could knock it down again
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:07 pm

She saw him trying to keep it from doing too much that it leaves her already getting more worried. If this thing was as dangerous as it was said, she really hopes it won't be too deadly. Even now it leaves her wondering.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:05 pm

It threw him off and ran away right into the trap he set. He rushed to its face and threw the bombs into its mouth as they go off it too was captured.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:20 pm

She gasped seeing this but hopes it was alright. Even now, this made her worried even so that made her see it just coughing trying to get rid of the bomb smoke in it's mouth.

King Of The Immortals
    King Of The Immortals

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:37 pm

It didn't and when it went still he panted hard and fell down. The cart came back while they guarded this catch and took them back to base to make ther report. They whole time she felt like she wasbeing watched.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:29 pm

"Woah, you alright?" she sees him look to her but he only nods while sitting there. That was too close but at least they did it and things are alright now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:48 am