Begin! the immortal journey where the only limit to life is imagination.

One eye on the sky

Brandon Maboroshi2

One eye on the sky Empty One eye on the sky

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:23 am

The world is ended. Humanity hangs by a thread. Pockests on individuals, communities in fortresses, and roving packs of the rest are all that remain. The wprld burned almost to the ground. Skeletal remains are all thats left of cities and towns. Forests are ashy wastes lakes are polluted with burnt remains on every kind.

Dragons reign in the skies.

They burned everything to consume the ashes cuasing rapid cooling of the earth and starving the land of anything that grows. While ash chokes what remains.

Brandon was a powerful warrior in another world here he is nearly human and trapped in a world of terrifying beasts. He cant fly. He isnt strong enough to fight physically and energy manipulation is impossible. All he can do is steel his mind keep in peak physical shape and use abnormally larg and heavy weapons to fight. He learned to make munitions and explosives to help his fight against the ever increasing dragon population. He doesnt fancy himself a dragonslayer. He doesnt actively hunt them. He tries his best to survive in a ruined world with no way to return. Inglet is trapped in human form with all the weakness such a form intails. He travels with brandon carrying supplies and the mini laboratory. They work and travel together searching for mines and old fortresses to loot.

Inglet is tame but occasionally a pretty girl will bring old tendencies back and she would leave with misty eyes if she was willing. Brandon never found the ones who werent. Tho they were extremely few in number. Inglet still bears scars from the beatings brandon ysed to correct his behaviour.

One day they were passing through a rare field of edible plants. They didnt steal any looking for the owner to trade. There was a scream and a roar. Battle instinct kicked in and brandon pulled his axe from his back. It was a huge waraxe made from tempered tungsten before his powers left him. He took off for the hill in time to see a beautiful girl in thick clothes running into the feild. He flashed past her towards the roar and at the top he saw it.

The dragon was easily twice as long as a school bus and twice as fat. Its arms were wings and its face looked like a cross between a lizard a dog and a camel. It spewed flames onto what used to be tightly woven vines of various vegetables. Incineratimg them. She turned to look at him as he flahsed past "No DONT ITS NOT WORTH IT JUST RUN" and toom off not looking behind her. Inglet panted dropping his baggage and fel to the ground "damn it master.. always getting into fights when you inow you need to run."

Meli had been living with a small community nearby she was in charge of the farm and food distribition. Her brother was in charge of the mine and thst was where she was heading. She saw inglet and stooped to help h8m yo his feey when they hear a scream inhuman and then a roar and an explosion of flame and smoke. Silence fell and mothing more. Shr was stunned she knew she heard it die but that was impossible and explosives were so rare that no one really knew how to make them.

"That damned idiot we only had two left now what are we going to do." Inglet grumbled getting up. He was slapped down after griping her shest on his way up and she stared at the hill she just ran over.

"ITS DEAD. WERE SAFE FOR NOW" came a shout then a sickening crunch and the smell of burned flesh began to creep over the area. As she looked over the hill she sawthe body of a dragon she fled and the man was pulling his axe out of its head. She guessed he cuaght it off guard and the hole in its belly was where the explosion hit it. "Damned bitch i swear these dragons are animals no sense no drive except burn and eat. What a waste."

Meli gulped "UM EXCUSE ME WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY FARM AND HOW THE HELL DID YOU KILL THAT DRAGON" he turned to look at her and she saw the hate leaving his eyes.

"I came here looking for food and supplies i heard of a mining settlement and thought i could find what i need here. As for the dragon... i used my last bombs on it and slashed its throat with my axe. Got lucky she was busy flaming up your fields and didnt care about us humans." He turned away and she saw his arms were bare and muscled unlike most people nowadays. She gulped hiding a blush and as the tensioneased out of her body exaustion hit.

"Thank you but wont they retaliate?" She asks and he shakes his head.

"The body will keep them away for a few days maybe a week enough time to evacuate. Meanwhile the patrols will return to normal and they will return." He was different than anyone else and he knew alot obout dragons. She wished she could have seem him kill this one but the thought made her burn hotly for him. Her body ran cold thanks to inglets voice

"Master we need to go lets return the girl get moving" her hit desire was turned off at the spund of his voice and she stepped away from him.

"No i told you we need to rebuild our ammo and chemical suplies not to mention food. We have to negotiate. Miss can you take us to your leader?"

"You can call me meli handsome and yes i can the elder is my father and after you saved our farm and killed a dragon he may jist give you whatever you want."

She replied calmly and walked ahead of him gesturing for them to follow her.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

One eye on the sky Empty Re: One eye on the sky

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:35 pm

"Is it even safe to trust her, master? I mean, she dose seem a little...weird." Inglet said but Brandon looked at him silent before following after her. All he did was shake his head and sigh, following as well. The three of them walked in silence as Melina leads them back to her village where the people were questioning about the dragon they saw and heard. It's hard to say either way but at least someone knew about it at a later time. This leaves more questions as to what they will find in the journey. Minutes passed before the two traveling strangers saw a low village that seems on low point. Not many could find this place so in some way it's fine.

"Is this it?" Inglet asked Melina as she nods.

"Yes, this is my village. My father should still be around here doing his part. Just come on." she said walking down as Brandon follows once more. The people saw Melli coming back but got a little silent seeing the two men she brought back. Brandon didn't say anything while walking but inglet saw a few young beauties that he was giving a smile. They didn't say anything but look away before he got hit on the head by Brandon. "OW!"

"Focus.."he warns while walking but he just mutters to catch up. Melli then leads them to a older hut that had a few people inside but they were talking to a male that seems to be trying to say some plan. That had to be Melli's father? She only lets out a sigh and knocks on the door to hear the talking stop and open the door.

"Father? I'm back.." she said looking inside as the eyes of the others went on her but on the other two new strangers. Her father looks at her while standing up from where he was, looking right at her. He just looked like her but he only pets the top of her head. "Melina, my child. I was wondering when you would come back." he said seeing a smile on her face but his eyes noticed Brandon and Inglet.

"And who are these two?"

"Allies." she said looking at him.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:05 am

There was a clackimg around them as rifles and other weapons were raised seeing the two. Inglet flimched and bolted behind brandon. Brandon held his arms well away from his body and walked slowly.

"My apologies for intruding on your territory. We heardthis was a mining village and wanted to know if we could stay fill up our supplies and then be in our way. Or that was the plan before half of your crop or the part we saw was burned by a dragon."

The news made murmurs ripple around the people and meli stood forward. "Its true i saw the dragon and fled these two were heading towards the village and we crossed paths. This man here slew the dragon using explosives and his axe." She said and a few rifles fell most of the group laughed not believing her and only the old and most careworn remained silent.

"Its true i got lucky its back was to me and i used my last two bombs on it. They were the old iron and powder kind back in... umm... i beleive it was the 1800s by your reckoning."

"I see you and your companion are to remain here in a cell until we can confirm your story until then you have my gratitude for saving my duavhter and farm." The scouting party was assembled and they left without a word. It was a formality but it had to be confirmed. Brandon and inglet relinquished their gear and he smirked at the surprised face of the miner whi took his axe. They were led to a cell and several hours later the scpiting party returned confirming the story. In that time brandon had observed the making of dynamite dpecifically the nitro glycerin soaked i to the clay. He learned ashe warched and knew it was weaker than his own and more dangerous since he used gunpowder and iron balls for his bombs. Meli was there the whole time wathing brandon with a hingry look.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:57 pm

True, she always had seen some warriors trying to show up in defeating the dragons that roam this world but this Brandon person defeated the most dangerous one known to man. She already had some respect for this person and wonders if he's that powerful to beat or fight more of them. Others thought she was insane but that made her wonder just what sort of traveling he went through but that's another thing to ask. She kept her eyes on Brandon who's still working on what he knows but so far, it's a guess that he was already planning on leaving as soon as he gets the supplies for his and inglet's travels.

Her father did notice her behavior but wasn't sure if he should ask. Knowing his child, she was just like her mother who showed that hungry look when they were together. He still remembers the memories of them together still. It was such a lovely sight. She always fell for the strong type of guys so that could explain his daughter doing the same thing here with this Brandon person. When the guards decided to let them go minutes later with a bag full of items and supplies for their journey. Of course Brandon looks at it but sees Melina's father giving a nod.

"A gift and a thank you for saving my child." he said.

"You are welcome."

"But this leaves me wondering; where are you going to travel next? You know about the monsters that roam this realm now. Humans no longer rule it but we are now prey or slaves to anyone that can survive out here." he said.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 am

The dragons are like beasts they arent like dragons from folklore" he said "they can be baited and killed but i prefer to avoid them like everyone else. As for where we will travel im not sure. I stick to the mountains for iron ore coal phosphorous and sulfur so i can make bombs bullets and guns. I like people but too many times i have overstayed my welcome and been driven off."

He was smooth and confident in his survival and meli grew more curious about him. Inglet stared at her hungrily and she paid him no mind he creeped her out just by being looked at by him.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:23 pm

"So either way, the dragons have started to get more and more dangerous. I wonder if their is a way for us to fight them. Or at least lead them away from this town." One man said but Brandon shook his head thinking about it.

"It's not like that but knowing dragons that might be something else. That might lead to something else later on. The dragons in this realm are more vicious and dangerous. Maybe in a way you all don't see them." he said silent while Melina was a little confused when he said that.

"That don't make sense, you know. How in the world can the dragons be more different than the ones that's read in old stories and books? You're not making this up are you?" she said.

"No and the dragons you see or seen isn't like that. They are a lot more different...more dangerous than most."

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 am

"They are like animals and every dragon ive ever killed has been female. Not one single male out of 26 kills." He muttered the last part but she heard him and her eues grew wide "the only way to drive them off is to leave the csrcass of a dead one out to rot they hate the smell of their dead."

"Hold 8n there mister twenty six kills? Youve killed 26 dragons?" She was astonished and thought she heard wrong.

"Umm yes... i have... but im sure tou guys kill them sometimes dont you?" He asks a bit nervously. She shook her head her jaw hanging open no one had killed a dragon since the militaries of major countries fell to their flames and the world governments destablized and fell into ruin more than 20 years before. She had never heard of anyone killing a dragon since then which is why everyone was so skeptical about him.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 pm

"R..really? None of you have...slayed a dragon here?" he asked now shocked from hearing this. He couldn't believe it. Brandon thought they were trying to hide something in order of not telling him. But judging from their expressions, they may be telling the truth. He looks at them with a nervous expression but Melina sighed looking at them.

"Well, we couldn't really slay them but you can't blame us for that. Do you know how powerful those girl dragons are? Their more vicious than the others I've seen. That and them taking out all the male dragons in this realm." she mutters that made Brandon more shocked. Did she said that right? The male dragons were dead and only female dragons remain alive!? Their was no way that was possible right? Their had to be one male hiding around here somewhere but Melina blinks crossing her arms to look at him.

"You can't be serious....."

"Trust me; I don't lie and it's true. Over the last few months, female dragons have become the dominant leaders of this world. Right now we are just snacks to them with no chance of slaying them. Their are so many now in this realm that no one wants to deal with them since we have no powerful warriors or weapons strong enough to tear through the scales of them." Melina explains while pointing to the wall behind her showing weapons broken or chipped from something. Seems the female dragons have more harder scales than most but if that's the case; seems Brandon weapon should have been broken but it wasn't. He was lucky.

"................."

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm

The males never show up... oh no... inglet... this breed... they are... Truly nothing but beasts. My lady it isnt that the females killed the males. Its that there is only one male. One who flies around the world fertilizing eggs laid by females. That means... im in a world without any form of higher power except what we can engineer." Inglet grunted and cared nothing for this his greedy eyes on meli. She was enamoured by brandon and slowly wanting to be close to him forever.

He had ro dig deep into his mind to remember how to build devices. He decided he would stay and build a society here to help the people survive until he could find and kill the bull. Meli warched him and learned many things. How to make gunpowder,bullets,and weapons. She heard tales of things like this but she didnt believe them until he built an electric generator. It was powered by a cycle that was pedaled by foot and lit metal wires as they turn red hot from the electricity running through them the light was low but remained until the wires cooled down. She gsthered all her ild books from the before times and showed them to him. He explaine dmuch of the meaning behind them and found she was interested and good at science.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:35 am

She did ask him a couple questions about what he really did know about this new world. The female dragons running amok or some just feeling grumpy due to not finding the last male dragon alive. The others were killed by them that it made the male not want to be near them. She could get that females tend to be scary if not getting what they want but most are more reasonable. Melina did tell him one day she did see one female dragon but she wasn't as violent like the others. She thought this dragon was too worried about fighting and it was true that she was hiding from the other tougher ones.

"So you think that because of this, things are only going to get worse?" Melli asked after reading more of the books in order to learn more. She did see Brandon nod his yes to answer her while working on some exploding gun powder.

"It's just a hunch but that's what my gut is telling me. Things will only get worse before getting better. If that's even possible with this realm." he said setting it down and makes another bomb. "Besides, with how things are going now, I'm not sure what the female dragons are planning on doing. They could be trying to attack everyone that's not what they want and leave this land to burn in their flames."

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:11 pm

They feed on ash you see. And with how burnt this world is they could start killing eac other for food and that makes them dangerous and prone to aggression. Im certain that the carcass will only deter any further attack for a short time. But next time... hee hee we will be ready to bring another down." He sealed the iron ball that he filled 2/3 with powder. He lit the fuse and tossed it down the cliff nearby 7 seconds later it exploded and he smiled. "Good this is a good mix the trick is timing string enough of these together and light them all with a single fuse we can launch a barrage of explosions at them. Worst case scenario they get their wings clipped and we fight them on the ground. Best case scenario we weaken them and finish them off on the ground."
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 pm

"And you really think doing this will take another one down?" Melina asked him to see Brandon nod yes. He's already known a few things so this wasn't no different in some cases. He knew the part of it and that would make it seem a little more different in mind.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:48 am

"Works every time. Especially if they are hungry. They wont notice a trap when they are chasing down food... or eating." He smiled and started filling more iron balls. She noticed that he was casting the balls from molton iron and inglet was pumping the bellows of the forge to heat the raw ore. When the ore was fully melted the bellows were stopped and ingle poured it into the molds one by one. It took several hours for the iron to cool enough to touch and that time was spent making gunpowder to put in them.

After a day of work they made 30 fist sized bombs hot and tired both brandon and inglet rest while melli, who mostly filled bombs and watched, turned one over in her hand. As she examined it her father came over.

"It has been many years since ive seen you smile"

"Father... i want to stay with them. I can learn so much and... " she stopped herself feeling a hot blush. It was too dark to see and her father didnt notice.

"Yes dear you could. The one you keep staring at made us a deal. He will stay for two harvest seasons to make up for the crop the dragon destroyed and work the fields with you to earn his and his friends share of rations. And while he is here he will help us work to make this community more secure."

"Im not staring im just...learning" she stopped herself. She was staring something about him atttacted her and she didnt lie she was learning a great deal. Most of the oldr men who knew metalworking were dead or dying these two knew enough to teach. But that wasnt all. She was facinated by their dragonlore and wanted to learn as much as she could.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:47 am

"I know sweetie but either way, with his help we should be safer till were able to fight back. If he's able to, I might even let you go with him or better...taking your hand in marriage." he said seeing Melina stand up quickly to drop the dirty bowls in her hands. He would let her?! That was a bit forward that her father laughed seeing the reaction.

"We will see but for now, you better finish up and head to bed sweetie. Their will be work to be done." he said turning to leave her be. She only stood there blushing before bending down to pick up the bowls(lucky none got shattered) and begins washing them while her face was heated. Why did her father have to say such things?! However, she wouldn't mind if that was possible. Meanwhile, Brandon was already working and getting so many new made bombs and tools ready that he saw inglet staring at the window thinking.

"If you keep starting at girls, they will not like that you know. Not unless you want to end up beaten again by the other girls you peeked on in another location." he said to see Inglet turn to face him.

"No, I don't but I been thinking if it's safe to stay and help these people. They seem to have had it hard with these female dragons. I'm shocked their home was not burned down yet." he said seeing Brandon sigh to set another one down.

"That is true but I guess their really good at hiding their own to make none see them so easily. Impressive if you ask me." he said about to work on another one.

"I guess or it could be because of that cutie of the leader's daughter. She seems like a smart one and the second in command here.." he said thinking about Melina again as Brandon was working.

"Oh her? Well, she seems like a interesting one....with her knowledge and thoughts on things..."

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:02 pm

"I want her" i glet said darkly

"No." "But i" "no" inglet you are trapped in one form human form. That means if you pursue your old habits when i beat you down yoh will not heal from it." "What do you care?" "People have wants and needs but also self control. Control yourself and never do anything against someones will or i promise you you will not survive" brandons tone was dark and inglet was quelled. No one could hear them. As he thought about her again he wished he could stay forever woth her.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:47 pm

"I never expect you to care about others feelings like that, Brandon. I get we are traveling from place to place that we get to some location with no problem. Now, we are helping this village due to the female dragons going crazy now. If I didn't know any better, are you-" Inglet started to say but Brandon glares at him to make him shut up. He knew what he might do if he kept pushing him but you can't blame someone for guessing another question. Brandon didn't say anything but looks back down to his work.

They worked in silence before a knock was heard hours later. The two looked up seeing the door open, showing Melina walking in with trays of food. She walks in being careful to set it down for them and give a gentle smile. That look on her face was cute but this made him stop a blush from showing up.

"The people of our village wishes to thank you for what you did. So, I cooked up some food for you guys in case you are hungry. A few of the others are doing what they can if you wish for them to help you." Melina said while she smiled looking at him. Brandon looks at the food then clears his throat.

"We thank you for the food but you didn't have to." he said.

"It's fine. You helped us so we are returning the favor. I hope you enjoy." she said gently before turning around and leaving them alone once more.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 am

Inglet watched him and let out a whistle. "You are. You are completeky infatuated with her. Damn you i wanted her." Brandon gave him a hard look that made inglet quell in fear.

" i may want her but i control myself. Maybe you should learn the same."
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:52 am

"Where's the fun in that?! You mean to tell me if she was begging you to love her and do so many things to her, you wouldn't do it?! You're crazy. You know I would if she was-" Inglet started to say but stops feeling Brandon's evil glare at him. He really was close to getting beaten up but he decided to stop and just get some of his food to eat. Brandon watches him eat before shaking his head, working again before he would eat. True, he had that feeling of wanting her but at least he was more in control with himself than the pervert himself.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:33 pm

"She wpuldnt beg me and even if she did i wouldn't. Because i can control myself. And we both know what tou would do. You would force her against her will and thst is something i cannot abid eor condone"
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 pm

He didn't say anything but sighed, looking away from Brandon. He was seriously no fun.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:39 pm

A whome week passed before they heard the powerful wingbeats of a dragon. That meant it was close enough to attack in a moments notice. He assembled his gear he made thanks to the help melli and inglet fave him and took off to face8 the beast.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:05 pm

The people was watching him go but hopes for him to be safe, even Melina felt the same. She knew the female dragons are growing more dangerous every day but maybe so strong that not even Brandon could beat them. She only grips onto a good luck charm she got from her mother and father before wishing them luck.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 am

The dragon screamed and there was the sound of explosions raging fire and roars. It sounded like it was thrashing around and destroying everything around it with tail and fire. Several more explosions and another scream that was cut short. Several minutes had passed since the first explosion and several more passed before they saw him. He was panting and supported by a grumbling inglet. She rushed over to help him and together they got him into his favorite chair. Looking him over she found he was only lightly scorched on the fringes of his features and exuasted.

The scouts reported that the dragon and he had fought after the first bombs ruined its wings. He dodged flame and limb striking openings with his axe and throwing bombs to injure and slow it down. He finished it of with the axe beheading it.

Many of the people set to work butchering the dragon for the meat.
    Silver_neko11
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Seeing that still creeps Melina out but for now she helps inglet with Brandon as they set him down on a bed to rest. She started to help with any wounds he may have while seeing if their was food for him to eat. Battling all these monsters can take a lot out of someone but she wonders just how could one man do this? Even with so many unstable female dragons out there, he still is willing to fight them. She only wishes that she can help but has no idea how to fight. She can heal and take care of someone but never fight. While working she did feel a set of eyes on her to see Inglet looking at her.

This confused the young woman but shrugs it off to keep helping Brandon. Inglet just ignored the thought and just keeps looking at her with some hunger in his eyes. He wouldn't show it but Brandon glares at him without Melina knowing to have him stop.

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:05 pm

Even powerless the bond between brandon and inglet made inglet controlled for now. At the moment brandon had commanded him to never let his impulses loose and kf they were too pent up then he had to be alone. Inglet was reaching that point but the command was weak. Inglet wouldnt listen to it with melli who was his type constantly around.

Brandon was careful but this time when inglet lunged brandon planted his face into the ground with a crack. The broken nose seemed to snap him to his senses and he touched the running blood. "Thanks for that. Odd i normally dont bleed. Its unsettling."

"It is now you know why mortals get this eay about blood. Lucky for me you are mortal here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:07 am